At A1 Taxis, we aim to ensure that the privacy of every site visitor is looked after in a secure manner.
This site utilises cookies and any user of this website agrees to this policy and they consent to our
What information do we collect?
This site looks to collect, store and use personal information of the following nature:
Information pertaining to your computer, to visits to this site and to your use of this site. Examples
- Your IP address
- Your physical location when accessing the site
- The operating system you use
- The browser you use and the version of the browser
- Which source referred you to the site
- How long you were on the site
- The number of pages you viewed
- How you navigated around the site
We also collect information relating to transactions undertaken on the site and this includes details
on any purchases you make. We also collect information provided to us, by you, during any
registration process. We also collect information that has been provided to us in accordance with
subscribing to any of our services, email notifications and newsletters.
Web servers transfer cookies to browsers and these cookies are stored by the web browsers.
Information contained within the cookies relates to the web visitor. This information is passed on
every time a browser requests a page from the server, and this enables the server to recognise and
follow the web browser's activities.
Cookies can be:
- Session cookies
- Persistent cookies
Session cookies enable a site to follow the movements of a user on site while persistent cookies
ensure a site recognises a user when they return to a site.
When a browser is closed down, sessions cookies are deleted from the user's device while persistent
cookies remain in place until they are deleted or reach an expiration date.
This site utilises Google Analytics in order to analyse the behaviour of website visitors. Google
Analytics provides statistical information and this is used to create reports based on how users
engage with the site. Google retains this information and anyone looking to learn more about the
It is also the case that cookies may be sent to users from payment service providers or advertisers
that use this site.
You'll find that most browsers provide their users with the chance to reject cookies and there are
browsers that offer the opportunity to reject cookies provided by third party providers. Blocking
some or all cookies will have an impact on usage of this site but it is an option available to all users.
Personal information provided on the site will be utilised for these purposes:
The personal information that is provided to us via the website will be used for the following
- To provide you with content that we believe may be of interest to you
- To carry out administrative duties on the site
- To enable delivery of goods or services bought via this site
- To enable your use of the services provided on this site
- To improve your personal browsing experience
- To process any complaints or enquiries you may have with this site
- To provide third party companies with statistical information about the users of our site but
- To provide you with email notifications that have been requested by you
- To provide you with general communications of a non-marketing manner
- To provide you with marketing communications relating to third party business that we
- To provide you with our newsletter and marketing communications that relate to our
- To provide you with statements and invoices
This information will not allow any individual user to be identified.
The provision of personal information to be published on the website will be used in accordance
with the licence we have been provided with. We will only give your details and personal
information to third parties, for direct marketing purposes, if you have expressed consent.
- The website may disclose information pertaining to you to:
- Staff members
This information will only be disclosed in accordance with necessary or reasonable purpose, and this
With respect to disclosing personal information, we may do so in the following circumstances:
- In accordance with any prospective or actual legal proceedings
- To an individual who be believe is likely to apply to a competent authority or court for
disclosure of personal information and where this disclosure would likely be granted by the
- To any buyer or prospective buyer off our business
- To establish, defended or exercise our legal rights
- When required to do so by law
We will not disclose any information to third parties apart from in the ways described above.
International data transfers
The information that is collected by us can be stored, process and transferred between any or all
countries we operate in. We do so in order to use the information as best we can in terms of our
unable to provide the same level of data protection laws that you would find in the European
Information that is provided to our site for publication can be made available to the world, via the
internet. We are therefore unable to ensure this information will not be used or misused by external
parties. By using this site, you agree to your personal information being transferred in this manner.
Securing your personal information
We promise to take every reasonable technical and organisational precaution to minimise the
likelihood of your information being misused, altered or lost.
We store all personal information provided to us on secure, firewalled and password protected
servers. If/When you undertake an electronic transaction with us, it will be encrypted and this
encryption process is carried out with SSL technology.
It is however, best to consider all data transmissions carried out online as being insecure and it is not
possible to fully guarantee the security of any data that is sent online. Users are reminded that they
are responsible for the maintenance of password and users details, and steps should be taken to
keep these secure and safe. The only time we will request a password from you is when you log in to
the site. We will never request a password from you at any other point.
Any amendments to our policy
We reserve the right to amend this policy and any amendment will take the form of a new version
that has been updated on our site. You are advised to review this page on a periodical basis to
ensure that you are comfortable with any amendments we make.
You hold the right to instruct us to provide you with any or all of the personal information that we
hold about you. This information can be obtained by:
- Providing us with a fixed payment, which is currently set at £10 - and
- Providing us with evidence of your identity
We are currently able to accept:
A photocopy of your passport which has been certified by a professional such as a banker or
- A utility bill (original) which displays your address
If required or permitted by law, we may withhold personal information.
You hold the right to inform us not to provide and/or process your personal information for any
marketing purposes. In general, anyone who receives email content from this website has expressed
a willingness to receive content. We will provide an opportunity to opt out of marketing material
and us retaining this information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
This will offer links to external sites and we are not to be held responsible for the privacy policies of
any external site.
Updating of information
If you require any personal information to be updated or corrected, please let us know.
information, please contact us by any of the stated channels.