London Colney FC History:
The history of London Colney Football Club started in 1907 as a local sports club that played home-grown football before embarking the ship of success in the fifties. After the successful establishment, London Colney F.C was prominently known to play in the Mid Herts League. Not only it was the perfect platform for London Colney FC players to excel their skills, but the London Colney team was recognised as a competitive club as well.
Today, London Colney F.C participates in the regional football games and league to keep the prosperous and well-regarded standing in the field.
London Colney FC played their early games at the Whitehorse Lane ground before moving to its present-day ground Cotlandswick Park in 1976.
Facts About London Colney FC:
Did you know?
London Colney F.C is one of the few football clubs in the world to join the league right after establishment.
Football Club in London Colney, St Albans:
London Colney F.C is currently standing at a 13th rank (out of 21) in the Spartan South Midlands League 2017-18 (Premier Division). London Colney FC is also the member of Spartan South Midlands League. Most London Colney Football Club (L.C.F.C) fans love watching their games because of astonishing consistent play; one’d be amazed to see how they turn the direction of the game from losing to winning in a matter of seconds. Also, London Colney FC is favourite for winning back-to-back games.
London Colney FC Fixtures & Results:
Throughout years, London Colney FC has managed to name several prestigious awards, honours, and achievements. Some of them are:
- Winners – Hertfordshire Senior County League 1956-57, 1959-60, 1986-87, 1988-89, 1989-90
- Winners – Herts Senior Centenary Trophy 1098-90, 1994-95, 2009-10
- Winners – Herts Charity Shield 1993-94, 1998-99
- Winners – Herts Intermediate Cup 1974-75, 1982-83
And Several winnings in South Midlands League. But that’s not it, London Colney FC also holds the record for:
- Best Performance in several FA Cups
- Best Performance in the FA Vase Fourth Round (1999-2000)
How Can I Get to London Colney F.C?
Getting to and from London Colney F.C is quite simple and will take few minutes of time only if interested individuals utilise the following London Colney travel guide for travelling to and from London Colney FC by London Colney public transport.
Travel to London Colney FC by Train – Use the following London Colney railway stations nearest to London Colney FC to reach the club by train: Park Street Station (AL2 2PA), St Albans City Station (AL1 5HE), How Wood Train Station (AL2 2JL) and St Albans Abbey Station (AL1 2PS).
Travel to London Colney FC by Bus/Coach – Following are the London Colney bus stations nearest to London Colney FC that one can use as drop-off station to reach the club by bus: Leisure Centre (AL2 1HN), Kings Road (AL2 1EJ) and North Orbital Road (AL1 1DZ).
Travel to London Colney FC by Taxi – A1 Taxis St Albans offers cheap London Colney taxis to and from London Colney FC 24 hours a day. You can book a taxi to London Colney FC from anywhere in Hertfordshire at surprisingly flat rates with us.
Contact Details of London Colney FC:
- London Colney FC Address – North Orbital Road, London Colney, St Albans, Hertfordshire, UK
- London Colney FC Postcode – AL2 1DW
- London Colney FC Contact Number – +44 1727 822132
- London Colney FC Opening Hours – 6 AM to 10:30 PM from Monday to Friday and 8 AM to 8 PM, 9 PM on Saturday & Sunday. These timings are of Cotlandswick Leisure Centre and not of L.C.F.C.